- About Erik
- Contact Erik
- Clover Valley – Rocklin
- Sierra View – Rocklin
- Whitney Oaks – Rocklin
- Whitney Ranch – Rocklin
- Rocklin School Locator
- Real Estate Blog
- Homes for sale in Rocklin
- Homes for sale in Roseville
- Homes for sale in Lincoln
- What is my home worth
- Roseville School Locator
- Placer County Utilities
- California Probate Process
- Placer County Living
Placer County Living
If you are looking for a place to settle in California, your options are endless! Whether you want to see the Sierra Nevada Mountains, the Mojave Desert or the beaches of San Diego, The Golden State is home to some of the country’s top places to live and work, including Google, Intel and Scripps Health. Of course the best places to live in California include cities like Palo Alto, Santa Clara, Santa Barbara, San Jose, San Francisco and Irvine, which are all in the Bay Area, Los Angeles or San Diego. So if you want to call any of them home, you better be a patient driver and earn a good chunk of change, as traffic is ugly and median home prices in those cities are just plain ridiculous.
So if you want to escape the traffic congestion and astronomical housing prices but still stay in one of he best places to live in California, then welcome home! Placer County is the hidden gem of Sacramento and is less than 2 hours away from the Bay Area, Tahoe and the beach. Let’s take a look inside Placer County Living. The County is a beautiful 1500 sq mile stretch of land East of Sacramento all the way up to Lake Tahoe. It is made up of 5 major cities; Rocklin, Roseville, Lincoln, Auburn and Colfax and surrounded by 26 other small towns and communities. The population of about 360,000 has been growing steadily since 2000. The population demographic is almost even at 25% of the County under the age of 18, 25% age 25-44, 25% age 45-64 and 13% over the age of 65. Most of those over 55 are living in the two amazing senior golf course communities of Sun City Lincoln Hills and Sun City Roseville.
Placer County Amenities
There are miles of bike trails, hundreds of parks, 2 large lakes (many smaller lakes), water park and the Sacramento river to ski, fish and kayak the day away. There is plenty of public and private golf too, there are 2 protected forests to camp and explore; the El Dorado National Forest and the Tahoe National Forest. Of course Placer County is also known for its amazing schools. Rocklin and Roseville have some of the top elementary schools in the area and both of the high schools in Rocklin are nationally ranked.
Placer County Weather
If you like to be outdoors; biking, running, golfing, etc. the weather in Sacramento is for you. It can get hot of course, but that is typically only June, July and August. The rest of the year Placer County Weather is mild and wonderful. You can do outdoor activities here almost 12 months a year as we average only about 3-4 inches of rain per month from November through March. Otherwise, temperatures typically stay between 50 and 90 degrees for 9 month out of the year.
Placer County Employers
Getting a job transfer to Placer County or just want to know who the top ten employers here are?
County of Placer
Union Pacific Railroad
Northstar at Tahoe
Thunder Valley Casino
City of Roseville
Intel is a top places to work in the Sacramento area and is located in the city of Folsom, a quick 20 minute drive from Placer County.
Erik Larson is a full-time Realtor here in Placer County. He has been licensed since 2002 and has helped hundreds of families find their dream home. He is from The Bay Area and now lives in Rocklin with his wife and 2 children. When he is not selling a home you can find him at the golf course or hockey rink shooting pucks!
- Foresthill man shot at deputies from inside burning mobile homeExplosives were found on property where a man is believed to have perished after setting fire to a Foresthill mobile home as Placer County sheriff's detectives sought to serve a search warrant Tuesday. … Click to Continue »
- Man sought in Montana child sex abuse case arrested in RosevilleRoseville police have arrested a man sought for crimes related to the sexual abuse of children in Montana. Joseph Eugene Garcia, 37, was arrested Monday at his home in the … Click to Continue »
- Report of gun on Roseville High campus attributed to misunderstandingA lockdown of Roseville High School has been lifted after police and school officials determined that a report of a possible gun on campus was a misunderstanding, according to a … Click to Continue »
- Human remains found in burned Foresthill mobile home where suspect is believed to have diedExplosives were found on property where a man is believed to have perished after setting fire to a Foresthill mobile home as Placer County sheriff's detectives sought to serve a … Click to Continue »
- Roseville High student allegedly had note threatening to shoot school staff memberA Roseville High School student was arrested Tuesday morning after being found with a note threatening a school staff member, according to Roseville police. A teacher notified school administrators of … Click to Continue »
- Suspected Placer County bank robber, known for his hoodies and ball caps, sought by FBIThe FBI is asking the public's help in identifying a suspected bank robber known for wearing hoodies and a baseball-style cap. The man is sought in connection with four bank … Click to Continue »
- He thought he was meeting a teen for sex. Instead, he was arrestedA Sacramento man is in Placer County Jail after allegedly attempting to meet with a minor for sex. Dustin Fitzgerald, 37, is accused of contacting a person he believed to … Click to Continue »
- Sacramento man arrested on suspicion of seeking sex with minorThe Placer County Sheriff Office’s Crimes Against Persons detectives and patrol deputies arrested Dustin Fitzgerald, 37, for attempting to meet with a minor for sex. … Click to Continue »
- Scene near a suspect’s Foresthill home now engulfed in flamesA Foresthill home targeted for a search warrant was engulfed in flames Tuesday morning. Placer County Sheriff's Special Enforcement Team set up a perimeter on the mobile home. No evacuations had been made as of 11 a.m. … Click to Continue »
- Man barricades himself in his Foresthill mobile home, sets fire to residencePlacer County sheriff's investigators were waiting to search the remains of a Foresthill mobile home after a man barricaded himself inside and set fire to it Tuesday morning. “It will … Click to Continue »
- Foresthill man shot at deputies from inside burning mobile home